ad

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Kalani's Landing Magistrate

I started collecting cards for Kitsune Honor but in the meantime I'm trying my luck with Magistrates from Kalani's Landing. It does not work the way I want it to, so it will need some changes.

I actually thought that I'll have more problems with fate but in the end it was dynasty screwing me up. I play Jurojin's Blessing as I think that this card is a must have. I don't care much about the Guidance yet as it does not seem that I would need it that much. I play Glory because of big attachments but I'm not really sure about it. As for holdings. The one holding that wasn't really working well was Heavy Infantry Dojo. The bonus is nice but Recruitment officer is far better. I'd probably replace that with moneylender or prosperous village.

Personality wise...Kanaye is a bomb. I like the little vanilla as well. Doho costs 3 gold and is a magistrate with naval which is all I need. Yes, his lower force was a problem sometimes but he's good for Ring of Fire or Mysterious Deaths as a target. ^_^ Tarao is ok. At least when I was able to have him his ability was annoying quite a lot for the opponent. Manzo is a good personality, but he's another 8GC personality. Not happy about it. I wasn't sure of Sachina but she's good. The rest is relatively ok except for Nobukatsu. Oh man that personality was really annoying. Not having naval and his ability hardly helped me. If I find better personalities I will replace him but for the time being he stays there. He's still 7GC 4/3 personality which is what I need.

Fate needs Basic Lesson and Peace. Some attachments are good. Cursed Relic is nice and Wyrmbone Katana is not bad either as it has a kill action written on it and can be helpful against send home. But it wasn't stellar or anything. I added Modifications because I like the card and I played it in my earlier magistrate deck but usually I can draw 2-3 cards a turn or none. Modifications does not help with this much so this is a card I'd probably replace with something else.

Costly Opportunity, Footsteps of Madness and Disgraceful Conduct proved to be good cards. I like them. But it is true that more times I was unable to get enough gold for my magistrate actions *sniff*. Really dynasty needs to change quite a lot. I tried adding Heir's Wrath and Mysterious Deaths so I could see how the card works. I have to say that Mysterious Deaths was always a better choice. Bowing a personality for Heir's Wrath is not good. That card is going out probably...hm I could possibly play Fruitless Search. The rest of the fate seems fine to me. At least it was working unlike my gold and personalities.

That's about my experiment and some thoughts.

Kalani's Landing
Dynasty

Kalani's Landing
1x Border Keep XP
1x Bamboo Harvesters XP (not sure)

1x Jurojin's Blessing
1x Glory of the Shogun

2x Heavy Infantry Dojo
3x Traveling Peddler
1x Stolen Merchandise
3x Recruitment Officer
1x Chugo Seido
3x Kobune Port
3x Magistrate Stipend

3x Yoritomo Doho
3x Yoritomo Tarao
3x Yoritomo Kanaye
3x Yoritomo Manzo
1x Yoritomo Sachina XP
1x Yoritomo Singh XP2
2x Yoritomo Zinan
1x Fukuzo
3x Tsuruchi Nobukatsu
1x Yoritomo Hiromi
1x Tsuruchi Mochisa XP

Fate:

2x Courage of the Mantis
3x Know No Fear
1x Ring of Water
1x Ring of Fire
3x Basic Lesson
1x Peace
3x A Stained Cleaned
3x Sundering Strike
2x Modifications
2x Footsteps of Madness
1x Heir's Wrath
3x Disgraceful Conduct
3x Cursed Relic
3x The Law's Strength
2x Game of Sincerity
2x Gold and Steel
2x Costly Opportunity
2x Wyrmbone Katana
1x Mysterious Deaths

No comments:

Post a Comment